Grey
Grey asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 6 years ago

I miss Mexico?

I'm an exchange student living in Canada and I miss my country so much I just want to cry. I don't want to eat, I don't want to sleep, I don't want to leave my apartment. I don't know what to do, I just want to leave but I've come so far! It's not an option to just give up. I thought I would enjoy my time here, but I haven't. I regret the day I chose to leave Mexico.

Favorite Answer

Well, that sucks. I know a couple of Mexican people who live here, and they too miss their homeland sometimes. It's normal. As nice as it is here, there really is no place like home.

And from what I've seen and heard and experienced, there is nothing like Mexico. The food, the music, the culture, the people, the scenery... Mexico is unique and vibrant in all those categories. I hope to visit there some day. Everyone says once you've been to Mexico, part of you never leaves. So I understand your sorrow.

But you have to keep going, you have to keep living, and you have to press on. So what if life in Canada is kind of stifled and boring? You're only here to do a job (get an education), then you can go back home and earn a decent and honest living. It's not easy living in a whole different country, but you could be in a lot worse places than Canada. You've got to admit that. Yes our Mexican food sucks (it does, I can admit it), but maybe take a shot at some Canadian food just to try it out. Have a backbacon and lettuce sammich with ketchup and home fries. Hit up a Harvey's or Swiss Chalet for lunch or dinner, have a Canadian sirloin steak with French onion soup on the side, and tell me our food sucks. Go to any Canadian long weekend event (there are dozens in every community), find a table, tell them you're a visitor to Canada and ask if you can sit with them. Guaranteed, someone will say yes and welcome you. Then just have a good time.

Will that replace the familiar warmth and comfort of home? No, it won't. But it will be at least a temporary good time, and it will give you a few good memories of your time in Canada. And you know what, once you get back home, part of you will probably miss Canada. And no kidding, part of you will never leave here.

You are here for SCHOOL. You have not been sent to exile for the rest of your life. You can call write email skype or whatever to people back home.

YES things are different,you miss your neighbour,your school mates your cat ,your mothers cooking, your bed and everything else you call home.

You are not in Canada for the rest of your life. Look around a little for something to do. With classmates outside of school.

Join a soccer/fútbol team.

Go to a local Hispanic club if you miss things from home..

Get out and explore go for a bus ride you are only hear for a short time. Take advantage of the chance to have some of your education in a different country.

Your own question has the information. You cannot go back at this time. SO you need to just do what you can to get through the next day and the day after.

Staying in your apartmentyou will not find all the other things you are missing out on somewhere else in the city.

Homesickness is normal. Keep riding it out, and it will pass. You'll be fine.

Besides, you can't see the NHL in Mexico.

• ?

good to see you are handling this maturely and taking advantage of an amazing opportunity ... wait a minute ...........