Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 6 years ago

Keyboard Tab key doesn't work in browsers?

The Tab key doesn't switch between fields all of a sudden. It only switches to the address bar and the the whole window itself. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling. It works properly in other programs like word and excel. It just doesn't work properly in my internet browsers. I really need my tab key lol. I'm going crazy without it. It's not sticky keys either.

• David
    Favorite Answer

It could be a toolbar that you have running. That's why many people have quit using toolbars altogether; they conflict, are a nuisance, and take up valuable space from your view. Remove all extra toolbars from your browsers and see if you miss them and if you solved the problem. You can always get them back.

You could try posting in the Firefox forum.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/

Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.

(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)

You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.

Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.

Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"

If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.

Note: The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Consider using it before going through a lengthy troubleshooting process.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox...

your question is poorly described but i'm going to give my best shot at helping you anyway. if it's because you want to use Tab to change window in your browser you have to press ctrl+tab. if it's because you want to tab out of your browser with alt+tab and it doesn't work, it might be a wrong key-binding in your windows configuration. if it's because you want to quickly tab through stuff on the site, you will have to highlight a key on the site and press tab.

I think you are not right. But I am not sure.