mustang exhaust question?

I have a 94 gt carbed, bored, cammed etc, im running tru dual from long tube, problem is that you dont really hear the cam, it just sounds loud. Do i need a x pipe to get that loping sound?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago

U run true dual with a gt? Exhaust wont fix u hearing the cam. But recommend changing that exhaust to something more of a magnaflow

• 6 years ago

The answer to your question is not going to be solved with exhaust system.

Cam lobe separation angle is one facet of the cam which will have a big effect on idle quality, shape of power curve and also how the engine accelerates. Adding compression will also 'clean up' idle quality of any cam.

Tell me some details about your combination of parts.

camshaftshaun@gmail.com

Source(s): Camshaft design/manufacture, full competition race engine bldg/dvlpmnt, internal component failure analysis, Carb blueprinting, drivability/MPG/durability expert, chem analysis of fuel, super-tuner. I'll help/advise you, make/sell you cams. I WON't pick a competitors cam for you or share cam specs upfront with shoppers, so don't ask. I get MANY emails from Y.A. A few buyers from here, even. I'll GLADLY answer a private email or two, as well.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.