What laptop would be best for me?

I don't really know much about the laptops that are out at the moment so I'm hoping to get some advise from a computer whiz or at least someone that knows a lot about computers. I'm looking to spend maximum $900. Back in 2009 I bought a brand new Sony vaio for $1200 and I was told it was the best of the best and I literally had nothing but problems with it. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. So i am not interested in Sony's anymore.

I want a computer that has good graphics and good screen quality cause I do some gaming, mainly Sims games. I also need something fast and preferably 1TB memory but I would be willing to budge a little on that one. Pretty much my main requirements are fast, excellent picture quality and lots of memory. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Well, if you are Sony fan, I have bad news for you.

they don't sell any VAIO anymore, but they have sold their VAIO line to JIP.

so they only make them in Japan.

If you are Sony VAIO fan like me,

you just need to switch to Apple Macbook Air or Pro.

You can't go wrong with any :

1. ThinkPad line from Lenovo.

2. Pro-book, Elitebook, Zbook line from HP.

3. Precision, XPS, Lattitude Line from Dell.

4. any Toshiba

5. or Fujitsu

sony's are fine, the problems are user created 99% of the time. either settings they change or crappy free software they try. just facts.

go to best buy and get some hands on feel for what is out there. they have a large selection on dispaly that you can try. talk to the sales person and tell them your needs. you don't have to buy there. i use their store to see what i might like. i bought mine there in 09 but only because they had the best deal.

as soon as you get a new computer there are a few things you will want to do. number 1: dump all the free crapware that comes preinstalled. number 2: kill all startup items besides your anti-virus. number 3: remove everything from the scheduler and number 4: remove norton if it comes with it. get one of the free anti virus programs like avast or avg.

simple stuff but the average user has no clue. they bring a new computer home and fire it up and suffer asll the software updates and programs running that do not need to run.

run windows update until it has no more updates, update flash and java too. get adobe reader as well.

a few things to help you along the way.

I hope after reading my blog you will come to know the answer for your question

http://www.sellalaptop.com/sell-a-laptop-for-cash-...