Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 6 years ago

How bad is an eye that is -10.00 or more?

I know that my prescription is very strong, but I don't know how bad the numbers are. I have terrible eyesight, lol. My vision is really blurry without my glasses.

Favorite Answer

Well yes, that is fairly high myopia. Your eyes are probably very healthy, just quite myopic.

I have a mother and daughter team of patients who wear - 24.00 and - 18.00 , so as you can see, there is lots of room to go.

- 10.00 puts you in about the upper 10% of myopes, with about 85% being - 6.00 and less

Source(s): Optician
  • Emily

-10.00 lenses are strong and thick, but what really matters is how well you can see with them. Many people with glasses of -10.00 to -15.00 can see 20/20 or 20/25, and lead perfectly normal lives. If you don't like the appearance of your glasses, try contacts.

That's a very strong and thick prescription, I'm glad I've been blessed with better vision, lol.