Noise coming from engine compartment after Transmission flush?

I had my transmission fluid changed and the next day, it starting making noise whenever the engine got into the 1000-2000 RPM range and my foot was not on the gas. Sometimes I can hear the noise in the 2500 RPM range when in 4th gear. I took it back to the shop that did the work (Mr. Lube in Canada) and they said the fluid level was a little low and topped it off.

However, the noise persists.

I'm not sure if the noise is coincidental or if something went wrong during the flush procedure.

I'm driving a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT with 108,000K. Manual says the fluid should have been changed at 100,000 but I missed it in my guide. The noise sounds like whoop, whoop, whoop (if you can imagine).

Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Did the shop flush with ATF+4 or did they use Dexron III and a bottle of friction modifier? Using Dexron with friction modifier is NOT an approved method and can cause big problems. Same thing with "universal" ATF. Chrysler does not recommend any universal fluids

I would be taking it back to the place that done the work. You may want to have it towed there. Driving it might end up completely destroying your transmission. Hopefully they didn't do what Stpaulguy mentioned.

• Donald5 years agoReport

I did take it back. They are just a oil change joint, they aren't mechanics. They did offer to pay for damages if it was something they did but I have to take it to a mechanic first to determine the actual cause of the noise.

Turned out it was a loose lug nut! lol