Shout-out: Do you have an interest in poetry? Or are pursuing Literature as a course of study?

Visit my wordpress blog at theawarrior.wordpress.com. It's still work-in-operation, but I try to feature a wide range of poets and poems. Of course, if you have any blogs/ websites regarding Literature, feel free to share them here :)

Nobody said studying Literature is about reading and feeling all sappy inside. Though if you're a good Literature student you'd understand when someone says he/ she can really connect with a text and feel very emotional about it. Analysing texts in a mechanical fashion undermines the very tenets of Literature itself.

p.s. Literature student, probably pursuing Lit as a major/ minor at Uni. Anyone has interesting texts/ Lit modules to share, feel free :)

Studying literature is not just about reading and feeling all sappy inside. It's about analyzing texts, placing them in cultural, historical, political, etc. contexts, and criticizing them.

Yes I like poetry but usually only read it since I write amateurishly.