The One asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 years ago

How Come the Levant,Babylon and North Africa readily accepted Arab language and culture?

While Iranic speaking peoples (Persians,Kurds,Manzandaran,Baloch etc) kept

their language and culture intact despite being under Arab rule for centuries

Best Answer

All of North Africa and the mid-east were under the Roman Empire. Persia had never been defeated by Rome. So at the time of the Muslim expansion in the 6th or 7th century, the Roman Empire was rotten, all it's provinces hated Rome and were willing to accept a new overlord. They converted, accepted Islam, learned Arabic and everything was good. Persia was a little different though because it had its own very long history as a great imperial power. The were defeated, occupied, and converted to Islam, but deep down felt they were culturally and intellectually superior to the arabs who had defeated them militarily.

you have asked this dumb question before! but for me! I'm Iranian and I'm pround that I don't even understand Arabic! I'm Proud speaking in my own language, and I don't give a crap about your religion and your language and your belifes!

"the man choose, the slave obeys"

• The One
      5 years agoReport

1st time actually.And I kinda agree with you. Farsi is a
      beautiful,poetic and musical language and it would have been a shame if
      it was destroyed and replaced by harsh sounding Arabic.