Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Catholic/Protestant fundies: what right do you have to judge whether someone lives or dies?

Like in the case of Brittany Maynard-the pedophiles at the Vatican are judging her and her family for her choice to die with dignity and not suffer with excruciating pain anymore...

http://youtu.be/ItftGXrde3E

Youtube thumbnail

What right they have to judge?? They need to mind their own business and stop diddling children the disgusting hypocrites that they are....

This song is for y'all...

http://youtu.be/DqLUq_x2ZJg

Youtube thumbnail

Enjoy suckas!!!

Favorite Answer

You do realize that the opposition against euthanasia is not a religious issue but a secular issue. Not only the Catholic church opposes Euthanasia but also the:

American Medical Association:

"Euthanasia is fundamentally incompatible with the physician’s role as healer, would be difficult or impossible to control, and would pose serious societal risks.

The involvement of physicians in euthanasia heightens the significance of its ethical prohibition."

http://www.ama-assn.org//ama/pub/physician-resourc...

the American Nurses Association:

"The American Nurses Association (ANA) prohibits nurses’ participation

in assisted suicide and euthanasia because these acts are in direct violation of

Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements, the ethical traditions and goals

of the profession, and its covenant with society"

" the term euthanasia refers to those actions that are inconsistent with the The Code and are ethically unacceptable,whether the euthanasia is voluntary, involuntary, or non-voluntary. The nursing profession's opposition to nurse participation in euthanasia

does not negate the obligation of the nurse to provide compassionate, ethically justified end-of-life care which includes the promotion of comfort and the alleviation of suffering, adequate pain control, and at times, foregoing life-sustaining treatments."

http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/Eth...

the World Medical Association:

"Euthanasia, that is the act of deliberately ending the life of a patient, even at the patient's own request or at the request of close relatives, is unethical. This does not prevent the physician from respecting the desire of a patient to allow the natural process of death to follow its course in the terminal phase of sickness."

"Physicians-assisted suicide, like euthanasia, is unethical and must be condemned by the medical profession. Where the assistance of the physician is intentionally and deliberately directed at enabling an individual to end his or her own life, the physician acts unethically. However the right to decline medical treatment is a basic right of the patient and the physician does not act unethically even if respecting such a wish results in the death of the patient."

"BE IT RESOLVED that:

The World Medical Association reaffirms its strong belief that euthanasia is in conflict with basic ethical principles of medical practice, and

The World Medical Association strongly encourages all National Medical Associations and physicians to refrain from participating in euthanasia, even if national law allows it or decriminalizes it under certain conditions."

http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/e1...

Murder is always wrong, but you seem to be biased in thinking that this is primarily a religious issue, when clearly from my above quotes it is not. SECULAR Medical organizations also vehemently oppose euthanasia and doctor assisted suicide. My suggestion to you is to try to control your religious biases, and maybe you'll be able to start having logical conversations with adults regarding the immorality of physician assisted suicide

• Donald

The problem is if the doctors had given her the medication needed to relieve the pain she would not have killed herself! I lay the blame of her death at the feet of the doctors!

We need to change the laws that would allow patients who are dying the right to die pain free. Who does it hurt if we remove all pain from a person who is dying?

I say give the patient all the meds needed to remove the pain so at least they can die in comfort. There is nothing in the Bible that says we must allow a person to die in pain.

We have the right to judge as given to us in the bible.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Now on what authority do you say we do not have the right to judge?

I try not to get mixed up in Christian Fundamentalism. I don't think it's a good thing that people are tarnishing the Gospel and the church with all those sociopolitical controversies.

• 5 years agoReport

Good to see a voice of reason here....thank you

Murdering oneself is morally wrong, what right do I have? Right of free speech, and I will take that right, one way or the other. The overriding truth that God is sovereign drives us to the conclusion that euthanasia and assisted suicide are wrong. We know that physical death is inevitable for us mortals (Psalm 89:48; Hebrews 9:27). However, God alone is sovereign over when and how a person’s death occurs.

Suicide with Dignity ? baloney, to me it was an act of cowardice.

This song is for you, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LK3wIHnVE

Youtube thumbnail

I( am a fundamental Christian and I do not judge anyone that is the work of God the Father

It isn't a judgment to say that self-murder is morally wrong. It is a statement of fact.

• 5 years agoReport

She was in I insufferable pain jackass...I bet you would change your mind quick if you were in her situation, don't deny it...

what about the atheists who do the same thing?

• mimjoy

I do not have that right and neither does the pope. it is between her and God.

• 5 years agoReport

Another voice of reason thank you!