Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 years ago

Ive been in a relationship for almost 3 years now. Im so in love with my bf. But is it normal to get lil side crushes. I NEVER act on them?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Being in a committed relationship is not like dying. I was married to the love of my life (now deceased) for more than forty years and neither of us ceased having attractions to other people. Anyone (or any heterosexual) who thinks it is not normal to be attracted to other members of the opposite sex when in a committed relationship is denying their own human nature.

• 6 years ago

Little side crushes can happen to anyone. I love my mrs more than anyone but sometimes I meet lovely women who are beautiful, intelligent, funny and kind and I feel like I've got a little crush but that always goes away in the end... usually by getting to know them more and finding out they hate penguins or something stupid.

I think everyone does... it shows you love your bf if you have these and know your relationship means too much to act on them so I wouldn't worry.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

I don't think you're in love with your boyfriend OR maybe you really just don't know what a crush is. I don't think you can have a crush on someone (think he's gorgeous, admire everything about him, hope he notices you, want to kiss him, want him to ask you out etc) while loving your boyfriend. Perhaps that's just me though. And the length of time you've been together is useless for this question. The amount of time you've been together is not a testament of anything. For all we know, while you're doing sexual things with your boyfriend, you have other guys faces in your head. This would certainly allow you to remain in a secure relationship while having the excitement of the side crushes.

Take some time to think on this because it's just not fair to your boyfriend.

• 6 years ago

the more side crushes you have, the higher the odds are that you will act on at least one...you obviously suffer from commitment issues and are not aware of it...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

normal

• ?
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Sure us guys do it all the time .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.