Should I order a salad when I go to the steakhouse today?

Today I am going to a steakhouse with my parents and I want to know if I should order a salad to go along with my steak dinner. the reason is I have an infection on my tongue from not eating enough vegetables and I think I need to eat more vegetables and I am worried the high salt content of the steak dinner will make my tongue infection even worse but if I eat a salad with my meal, I will have less money for drinks. I'm on a budget right now and can't afford to buy a lot so what do you think I should do?

Favorite Answer

Id suggest a side of steamed broccoli, light on the salt.

Salads often have croutons, cheese, and dressing that can be just as, if not more irritating than the sodium in the steak.

Drink mostly water, with maybe one or two drinks.

Don't skip a veggie, if anything, skip a starch or dessert.

Well you have given yourself some sound reasons for not eating salad today, so if you really don't want to irritate your tongue, or end up with no money for drinks, forget the salad for now, but make yourself a firm promise to eat one, or more vegetables, every day as soon as your tongue feels better