David
David asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 6 years ago

Invoice for not going to wedding?

I was invited to a wedding, but the day before the wedding I became ill and was unable to go. I sent my apology saying that I was Ill.

The following week I received a letter from the bride saying that my cancellation had arrived too late for the caterers and here was an invoice for the food that I had not been there to eat.

What would you do in this situation.

I ignored the invoice.

• Jo
    Favorite Answer

That was very rude of the bride. Hopefully, she isn't a good friend.

Every bride should expect some no-shows. Every wedding has them.

Never heard of sending a bill to someone who didn't come.

After a week? I'll bet she didn't get her thank you notes out that fast.

Do not do - as others suggest - post it online or any such thing like that. That is just stooping to her level of rudeness and tackiness. That kind of thing is just silly.

Just ignore it - don't pay it. Don't even bring it up.

What's she gonna do? Take you to court?

What a psycho! And a rude psycho, at that. Ignoring the invoice is the most polite, appropriate thing you can do. If the bride pushes you on it (which she probably will because she's rude and insane), you're well within your rights to call her out on her behavior. She's out of line and desperately needs to be taken down a few pegs. In the future, you may want to make a point of RSVP-ing "no" to any invitation you get from this person.

I would explain that I was invited to your wedding which normally is free to an invited guess,but I am now glad I did not turn up,I have never known such a tight penny pinching bi''h,but then you are probally ignorant of the proctol that normal peopke follow at a proper decent wedding ok.

• drip

We had one whole family not show- their son's girlfriend was killed in a car accident. And one no show - a guest who was sick..

Brides need to expect things will happen.

I would ignore it and her. Putting this on a social media, such as FB- is childish, rude and plain worng. Right now she is in the wrong. Do not complicate things by expanding on what she did.

Do keep any thing sent by her for future referance in case she does become a staker with this.

I would not have an contact with her at all.

Is the bride important to you or yours? If not, call and tell her where the invoice will fit. She's been extremely rude and thoughtless. How does someone get that self-entitled?

For real?

Say nothing, do nothing, keep the letter and the invoice.

Anything else comes your way from her, have her charged with harassment. This person has some serious issues, and this is likely one of those problems that solves itself in a short time.

Ca-razy.

Nothing.

People do not come to weddings for all reasons.

It happens, people say yes and for some reason do not come.

This bride is wrong. So wrong.

Sometimes the best thing is to do nothing.

Mocking her invoice could make it worst

Find a medium sized box and fill it with pennies amounting to the invoice total. Then fill box with manure and mix pennies into it. Mail box to bride. Then, mail another box of manure every year on her anniversary. If she gets divorced; then it is that much more important to mail this package as then it reminds her of her lost relationship and that it was likely her bitchiness that caused it.

not sure how close you are to the bride. maybe she is under a lot of stress and had to count pennies for wedding, we don't know. it is unusual behavior.

disregard the invoice. wait to see if you ever hear from her again. don't initiate anything.

Sounds like you just ended a friendship over an invoice.