Wow, it is almost noon, the CEO of McDonalds has just earned more than his average employee will in a year, he must be tired?

Or did he really "earn" that much...would a healthy dose of "taxes" be appropriate here.....you know, Republican Taxes....88% or so......ahh Ike, I miss you!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Back in the good old days we could tax the hell out of our rich if they were raking in ridiculous profits and there wasn't much they could do about it. But, times have changed. Now we have free trade agreements and quite a few countries with a decent standard of living will let a billionaire move in if they really want too. If we tax them too much they can move and probably will move. Wouldn't you? If you could keep 25% more of your wealth by moving to Switzerland might you learn to ski and just accept your fate? You can still visit America every week if you feel like it on the jet you bought with the savings on your taxes.

I wish we could tax these guys so that their wealth was back in circulation where we need it to be but it's not that simple anymore. As for McDonald's, you also vote with your pocket book and if you think their policies are wrong you can always get a hamburger somewhere else. If enough people do that then the CEO won't be making 50,000 dollars a week because his company will be going out of business and stockholders will be demanding his head on the bun with a side order of fries.

You can't control the rest of the world. But you can control your own economic decisions in many respects at least. If you become one more guy who boycotts McDonalds than maybe you will be the guy who tips the scales or maybe you won't. What is certain is that if you don't make that decision than your money will still contribute to Don's salary and your vote is saying keep doing what your doing.

• jimmy
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

um.."back in the day" you people ranted that the rich weren't "paying their fair share"!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

There are millions of people in the United States who have the skills to flip burgers or throw more fries into the fryer. There are only a few people in the United States who have the skills to run a company successfully and keep it profitable enough to employ thousands of burger flippers. Supply and demand dictates that corporate CEOs should get paid more than the burger flippers.

• 5 years ago

Oprah exceeds her SS maximum taxable income by 4 minutes after midnight on New Years day. No one ever seems to complain about her wealth, or the Kennedy's, Pelosi, Schumer, Kerry, Gore, ET AL.

Actually, Don Thompson makes less than Oprah. Can you imagine the uproar if someone called for taxing HER into line? RACIST!

This is really about Whose Ox is being gored.

I'm no shill for corporatists and their lackeys (lackeys?) But then again I am no shill for labor either.

• Ditka
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Hey buying a couple burgers is not the same as investing your life's savings to buy a FRANCHISE.. Im sorry your world is that pathetic and desperate. You DO know that each McDonalds is owned individually didn't you?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Kaptain Krazy

• 5 years ago

McDonald's is a very successful business. A CEO worked hard making their self marketable. You act as if a fry cook could do the job of a CEO when they cannot. I may not agree with everything a business does, but I am not so ignorant as to think anyone off the street is qualified to be a CEO.

• 5 years ago

Here's an idea. Stop giving McDonalds your business.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

And once again we see the limits of liberal logic. McDonald's is set up as a franchise business and are mostly locally owned. They pay a franchise fee which is the biggest part of corporate McDonald's income. Nothing is stopping you from purchasing a franchise and paying what you think is a fair wage.

• 5 years ago

At that rate by March 1 he will get 40 years worth of pay.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

You try to become a CEO. Instead of whining in your parents basement while you wait to go to McDonalds and flip burgers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.