How can my friend pay for college?

She is not a US Citizen, so she doesn't qualify for financial aid. She began school and has completed her first semsemester, (I believe she received a scholarship) but now they are saying she has to pay them and she doesn't have the money up front. Her parents won't cosign for a private loan for her, and she is double majoring so she doesn't have time to work enough to make monthly payments. Is there anything she can do? I'm going to go into the financial aid office at the school and yell at them, as they won't help her other than handing her the bill and crossing off what she can drop to make it cheaper. I don't really know what else to do to help her...

2 Answers

  • 6 years ago

    Yep; unfortunately, she can go home. There's no financial aid or student loans available to international students, so if she can't get a scholarship from her college, she can't meet the requirements of her student loan, and will have to go back to her own country.

  • 6 years ago

    She can go to community college and might get her classes waived ( FREE!) And if not classes are way cheaper there. Other than that, scholarships is the only other option I can think of right now. Goodluck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.