jimmy
jimmy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

where did the notion ever get started that being "white trash" is bad? "Sarah Palin is the very definition of redneck, white trash."?

I am not only "white trash", but I am DAMNED proud of it! there are FAR worse things to be!..I COULD be a racist Leftist!

grandma, Sarah is NOT "from Alaska"!..she's FROM Idaho! (doi!doi!doi!)

again "grandma"..a Y/A user once asked why she has an Idaho accent if she's from Alaska..I answered that she was born and raised in Idaho!..check out her Bio and you'll see! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Favorite Answer

Palin IS from Alaska. She was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska before she was Alaska's governor. Both of those require a person to be an Alaskan resident. She may not have been born here, but that's not uncommon. I was born in Idaho too, but still consider myself "from" Alaska since I've lived here the past 20 years.

• justa

Palin isn't a redneck, she's from Alaska, the odds of anyone having a redneck from working in the fields is minimal up there.

She's not even white trash, there isn't a refrigerator on her front porch.

She's just ordinary trash, and dumb as a post. If that's what you want to be proud of, I'm not surprised.

Her family moved to Alaska when she was a few months old. She has no memory of Idaho. She barely has a memory at all.

Look up the word "trash" in the dictionary. It is used literally when calling someone "white trash." If you like being described in that way I really do feel sorry for you. Nobody ever uses that phrase without a look of disgust on their face. If leftists/liberals/Democrats are so racist why are nine out of ten questions that mention race on this site coming from Republicans? They are obsessed with race.

• jimmy
      5 years agoReport

and yet when he fails to take offence at what YOU call him..YOU get butt hurt!..that MAKES you a hard core Leftist!

I grew up on the south side of Chicago in a working class neighborhood, my dad wasn't poor, but a long way from rich. Some of my friends growing up were poor, but they were good people. If you stayed at their house their mom saw that you were fed, and whatever time your parents told you to be home they knew it and saw you off. Being poor or rich black or white doesn't make you a good person, family life, similar to what I described makes a bigger difference.

Sarah Palin is the one with down syndrome in her family! Not only did she let her son step all over her dog, but she posted it thinking it wouldn't be a media disaster. She mad an Obama joke about him eating dog and the cons ate it up!

• Darren

First of all, Michael Vick proved that one does not have to be "white" or "poor" to be "white trash". I come from a poor white family, but we never would have been proud to be called "white trash". When people call Palin "white trash" they do not mean it as a compliment.

• jimmy
      5 years agoReport

Darren, I understand completely that leftists such as yourself cannot understand how or why those like me will take something intended as an insult and wear it as a badge of honor..just accept the fact that we do and move on!

white trash is more along the lines of kim kardashian,linsay lohan and paris hilton.

• jimmy
      5 years agoReport

while this is true, I'm referring to the clichéd "white trash" the Left is always disparaging

Nothing worse in this country than liberal trash.

• ?

you should know