Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

What do you think about mass surveillance conducted by the government?

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/28/cana...

Canada’s leading surveillance agency is monitoring millions of Internet users’ file downloads in a dragnet search to identify extremists, according to top-secret documents.

The covert operation, revealed Wednesday by CBC News in collaboration with The Intercept, taps into Internet cables and analyzes records of up to 15 million downloads daily from popular websites commonly used to share videos, photographs, music, and other files.

The revelations about the spying initiative, codenamed LEVITATION, are the first from the trove of files provided by National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden to show that the Canadian government has launched its own globe-spanning Internet mass surveillance system.

According to the documents, the LEVITATION program can monitor downloads in several countries across Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and North America. It is led by the Communications Security Establishment, or CSE, Canada’s equivalent of the NSA. (The Canadian agency was formerly known as “CSEC” until a recent name change.)

Favorite Answer

Needs to be stopped. This idiot action is not even covered under the Patriot Act.

So whats up Obama. Besides Michelles male muscle.

• justa

Maybe its just me, but I'm so uninteresting that I'd be dumped in a pile on the first go round.

In fact I hope they're wasting very little time on what I bought my grandkids for Christmas and that great cookie recipe I brought to the party. Which is what most of that stuff is, just fodder unread and weeded out early on by machine. When you have that kind of volume it means that they are looking for key words or locations or repetitions, Your secret meatloaf recipe is safe.

Such is worthy of Revolution! No government has the right to entrench itself as a means to prevent its democratic removal!

Enough said!

Governments around the world just can't help themselves.

They simply NEED to see and control every little nuance of our daily lives.

You think they're using that information just to find terrorists?

They're using it to profile their citizens so they can be controlled.

Government cannot be trusted.

When will people learn this?

As long as the government kills the terrorists when they find them, I am OK with the program. If the government farts around instead, or uses the information to pursue political opponents, then I want the government officials whacked instead.

There ARE some us residents who DO INDEED need a GPS chip in their foreheads!

Good idea.

If they stop the terrorists works for me, I am not breaking the law.

• Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

Don't do that kind of stuff so next.

Libs say it is only good when Obama is doing it!