When using a VPN, what happened if you log in on facebook?

The main idea for a VPN is to stay anonymous. So what happened If I log in on my facebook with the VPN on.

Is it going to ruin my anonymity?

Best Answer

The purpose of a VPN is to provide a secure encrypted connection between two end points. One end point is your computer. The other end typically is either a corporate gateway to allow a home worker to access a company's internal network, or it provides a secure connection to a proxy server. It is the proxy server that provides the anonymity as far as the IP address is concerned. Your login is still the same as it would be if you logged into Facebook without using the proxy server. You should also be aware that the encryption of the VPN ends at the remote end point (the proxy server), and the ongoing connection from the proxy server to the remote website (such as Facebook) is not protected by the VPN.

I hope this helps.

most probably facebook ban your account or lock your account due to country ip change ...

• Richard
      5 years agoReport

This would mean that you cannot access Facebook while traveling in a different country. Facebook would not want to stop people using their service while in a different country.