Can I ask the landlord to paint my bathroom seafoam green ?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can ask. If you are asking THEM to repaint then the answer will likely be "no". If you are offering to repaint at your expense, then your chances of a "yes" are improved.

Be prepared for them to say "yes, but you must repaint it to the original color before you leave, or pay me to repaint it." Or just an outright "no" regardless of your offer to bear all expenses.

If they say "no" or you don't want to ask, you can easily do just about as well by putting up a bold shower curtain and towels in your favorite color, hang some inexpensive artwork (the shower steam will be a factor, so keep that in mind), and do other non-permanent decorations that will knock down the stark apartment-white and create the oasis you seek.

You can ask, but the answer is probably no.

At least, they certainly aren't going to pay for it.

Tenants ask me all the time if they can paint. I don't allow it because my units are all the same color for ease of maintenance. And, they are all freshly painted when I lease them.

Sure, and he can (and will) say no. He may let YOU do it if you paint it back when you leave.

Please review your lease. Or if there is no rule there that paint is not allowed you can ask permission but most cases its from your own expenses.

You may ask anybody anything.