Why can a woman be charged with child endangerment if she drinks while pregnant, but abortion is okay? Both are putting a child at risk!?

Favorite Answer

Yes its a messed up legal system perfectly legal to kill your dog or cat or fetus humanly but illegal to do abuse.

I think that abortion on the grounds of I don't want a baby needs to come with a stiff penalty fornicatition and adultery are still illegal in ever state except Nevada.

So I don't think you should be able to have sex get pregnant then just destroy a life!

I believe if you do that you should at least have to pay a fine or something since you did break the sex laws.

Yes the law let's you get away with it if your consenting adults.

But their needs to be a limit! If you act results in pregnancy and abortion you shouldn't be able to just abort and walk away to wiggle and giggle some more!!!

• Andrew

There are many different definitions and types of abortion and sometimes abortion is okay in certain instances, especially if it means saving the life of the mother to be and some abortions just can't be prevented; hence, ectopic or a missed miscarriage / abortion. Also, depending on where you live, it's perfectly legal(in most countries) to drink during your pregnancy; however, it is completely medically unadvised because of the risk of fetal-alcohol syndrome.

Besides, most healthcare providers will perform an therapeutic abortion before 4-6 weeks because medically speaking this is when the fetal heart starts beginning to beat and clinically speaking you aren't really considered alive until the heart starts beating or at least you're considered clinically dead when it's not beating. Anything after the first trimester is typically very frowned upon in the medical field, unless it is deemed medically necessarily.

the child isn't being put at risk when theres an abortion the child is being killed there no "risk" some people fill that since its the womans body she should get to pick if she wants to keep the baby or not. I don't think its okay the baby should have the chance to live. as for drinking when the woman drinks while pregnant it can cause a lot of problems for the babies health and can hurt the baby as where an abortion is just ending the babies life and people say the child cant feel it so its not necessarily putting the baby at risk of anything. and no im not okay with abortion is that how it sounded that's just why someone people feel its okay

There is a huge difference. Also a woman won't get charged if she drinks on occasion and it is one drink. She is charged if she has an addiction and the baby comes out messed up. I see so many kids that should have been aborted. It would have been the kinder option.

Edit

Those are stupid examples. Do you even know the percentage of that happening? I would love for you to tell this 10 month old that at therapy. Her mom was a crack whore. she is scared of everything, can't gain weight, can't hold her head up or support herself at all. Her mouth is constantly open And needs to be flushed constantly. Her eyes are all over the place and she can't see. She will probably die. That is where she is headed. A scary death.

Usually, getting an abortion with a woman is a well thought out decision made in the best interest of her and the child (like, I can't take care of it, or I already have several small children). Drinking while pregnant endangers her and the child, can cause birth defects, fetal alcohol syndrome, etc. So you can say that it is ok to kill your kid but not damage it, but that really doesn't capture the nuance of the situation. You could call child protective services and see if they need to come for a visit.

Murder is not a risk, it is a sure thing.

Women have always gotten off easy with murder.