Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 years ago

Guys on Xbox Live are annoying/keep wanting more? Slight harassment? (I'm a 19 year old girl)?

Almost every time I go on live to play GTA, black ops, etc, I will at least get one message when I start speaking in a lobby. Usually the message will be "do you have kik, you should kik me." or "we should Skype" these messages aren't rude or intrusive (some are, but those I just ignore) and when I politely decline they usually get mad. OR on the other hand I will be chatting and playing with cool people, who are fun and nice. But then an hour later they're messaging me asking to Skype, kik, etc, or they start asking personal questions. This one guy I met in gta was really nice, but as we played longer I could see where the convo was headed. He said stuff like this: "Im single, I don't really mind thought, how about you?" & "You one of the first girls I've played with, all the other ones usually ignore me." and much more, then at the end he hits me with the Skype question. I don't play xbox to find a boyfriend, or use it as a dating service, or whatever else these guys want. I just want to play, and sometimes play with people cause that can be really fun. How can I address these messages in the future, I'm annoyed with it, and as you might tell Im a nice person and don't usually say anything rude, but then guys get the impression that nice means I want to date them or do other stuff outside of xbox. help?

Favorite Answer

Just block them, most of the guys are really desperate and even if you feel tempted to go for them, don't. They would just leave when they found someone else. Being a guy and I'm sitting on the other side when there is a girl in the lobby, it gets really annoying when they try to hit on her.

Ive seen my friends do that to girls its weird, mostly because a lot of guys on xbox dont have confidence in real life-why they start acting 'hard' and being rude over xbox about fighting. Either way ignore them or pretend your like 8- screw with their minds it would be hilarious. + if u got fifa play me g

Points

Because guys on xbl stay at home and dont have girlfriends. You should prob change your gamertag.