Why do young women get big tattoos all over their arms and shoulders? And other places like on the back of their neck?

Favorite Answer

God knows.

• LM440

Let me give you an answer that is not of an argumentative nature.

I once read a reply to the question -why would anyone get tattoos? This was not specific to males or females. The reply often used was"if you have to ask, you will never understand." As a person that truly enjoys tattoos both on myself and others there are more reasons than I could even begin to list. Just think of something that holds your interest, makes you happy, or simply amazes you and those reasons will answer your question of why women (or men) get tattoos (on their arms, shoulders, back of their necks) or anywhere on their bodies.

I'm 33 and have one on my upper arm which I detest, not so much the tattoo but the location. I wish I'd gone for something more subtle, having said that I'd avoid the wrist and go for the back of the neck or the small of the back.

Why do idiots like you ask stupid questions? And to answer your ignorant question...because women are entitled to get tattoos. It wasn't until recent that tattoos were consider bad. Tattoos have been around since humans practically existed and women too got tattooed. I just wish there were more educated people on this Earth...oh how better life would be without idiots like you!

Not all young women get tattoos. You're making a very broad generalization.

To answer your question: Because they want to... That's how they choose to express themselves.

Hope this helps! :D

• Casey

Ha, I hate questions like this because you're not actually asking a question or seeking information - you're trying to start an argument and be judgmental. If you don't like tattoos, don't get them. I promise that things will be okay if you have to look at passersby who don't necessarily look exactly like you for three seconds. The world will go on.

To provide a literal answer - tattoos are sexy (in my opinion of coures), many people like them, and people can do what they want with their bodies.

Wow as much as we appreciate your sexism why don't you **** off? Your a prime example of self judgment. Just becuause you don't like them you feel no one should have them (apperently especially young woman. douche) it's exactly people like you who **** our world up. Hey guess what? You don't have to get tats! Omg I just blew your mind with knowledge. So stop trying to determine what's best for other people's lives.

• Taylor

Because it's their body and that's what they want, not that it's any of your business.

Because they can. Boys do it to. Its a way of expressing themselves.

• Tony

quite simply because they like them!

it's their skin, they can do what they want!

They have a self-image problem.