Does a kid get taken away?

There's this scenario that I reported recently, this young 15 year old girl was being sexually abused by her father, and physically abused as well and the mother knew everything about it, like every detail about it and said nothing and told her to keep her mouth shut on the matter, if the father were to get arrested, would she be taken away from the mother as well for not doing anything and letting her put up with the abuse or not? Does the child get an option to be taken away? Does her brother get taken away as well? I don't know I feel like I'm breaking this family apart... I really want to know what I got into so please answer all my questions, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Favorite Answer

In such a scenario, CPS would take both children in custody as both parents are unfit, clearly unfit, to raise children. This is done in the best interest of the children. The father would be locked up for child molestation for a long time, and the mother would probably charged with child endangerment as well.

I cannot possibly conceive somebody knowing about a father sexually abusing his child and not to report it. Such a person is in my opinion scum, almost as guilty as the sex molester himself.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Rivera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • K

Anyone who knows of a situation like this and does NOT report it is as bad as the evil vile scum doing the abusing.