What order to play MGS?

I have currently played MGS3: Snake Eater and enjoyed it, so what game should I play next? I'm not interested in the first MGS as because I never played it at launch I don't think I'll ever understand its innovation. So out of Peace Walker, MGS2, and MGS4, what one next?

• Rizer
    Favorite Answer

Play the first game. MGS is, if anything, about it's story. And the first game is crucial for fully understanding the rest of the series. ESPECIALLY 2 and 4.

Trust me, if you are interested in playing through the MGS franchise, you need to experience the first game. It's a must.

From that point on, just play the game from order of the release. Since you played 3, play MGS2 > MGS4 > MGS Peacewalker.

Metal Gear Solid for PS was released with updated graphics for the GameCube so if you get the chance I would play that. You would be missing out on the story by playing MGS4 without playing MGS1. If that's not an option, play MGS2.

Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain