Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 years ago

Am i being bullied?

Hi! I am 12 years old in middle school. This whole i've felt really bad because girls i think r my friends always speak behind my back saying "she wears so much makeup" "her hair is so damaged" "shes so fricking annoying" "she has so much acne" and stuff like that, i mean i think i'm quite attractive based on what others say. And i do wear makeup up and i straighten my hair a lot, i am pretty popular like i have many many friends but a lot of these girls arent as nice as i thought and even my best friend makes me feel stupid saying that i'm stupid, dumb, etc. i know its middle school and there is supposed to be a lot of drama but i just feel like i can't go to school anymore... Because all the girls i feel like if i go there wearing something that has a realealing back on my shirt girls will say "****" which i'm not and these girls have said that about me before. I just don't know if i'm being bullied or not, it makes me feel really depressed whenever i think about it. And today i missed school because i am really angry and i don't know what to do. My mom knows about "some" of it but she doesnt know how much it affects me...

Oh and i don't wear very much makeup at all i only wear mascara and some concealer for my acne if any of you are wondering. Thanks

Oh and please don't say i'm to young to be wearing it or i'm over reacting you don't know me so please just hopefully answer my question and tips on the girls not what i am wearing i already get that a lot

Thankyou!

Favorite Answer

First, please don't listen to them! Your friends are either jealous of your looks (obviously if people see you as attractive, they see it as well and don't like it) or they're just damaged individuals that think bullying you or damaging your self - esteem will fulfill them. Though I do say it's bullying, it's up to you if you consider if it's bullying or not. I see it, if they are damaging your self - esteem and how you feel about yourself and making school an uncomfortable environment, then yes it's bullying.

Please don't listen to them! If they're so insecure they have to hurt others, their words mean nothing. I use to have friends like that, they called me a rat and ugly because of my acne and other things in middle school, but now I never see them and their words don't hurt anymore. When you get into high school you probably won't see these girls, you'll just hear about them and their screwed up lives. And I'm being complete honest about this, my so called friend in middle school who said I was ugly and going to die alone is now the school's whore :) And for your acne, it will go away in time! Us who are cursed with acne in our teenage years will later have amazing skin when we're in our twenties and thirties :D Even now mine has gone away, well most of it, sometimes you'll breakout but it won't be that bad!

Make sure you're concealer is oil - free also matching your skin tone, so you're friends don't know you're wearing any. It maybe took noticeable and that's why they say you wear too much makeup. I recommend Hard Candy's Glamflouge concealer or Rimmels, that's what I use to wear and they worked pretty well :) Also, for acne, depending on your budget, the Olay Fresh Effect Acne Clear 3 Step system works extremely nice I hear, but you could also try some aloe vera :) Sorry, just some recommendations! I use to hate my acne when I was your age.

Honestly for now you can endure, maybe try to avoid these girls and look into new people or maybe talk with your mom more about this problem and look into a new school :) Good luck and don't ever worry about those girls because their shallowness will be their downfall!

• sophie5 years agoReport

Thank you so much. I will try to stay away from them. And i use proactive and my concealer is from mac but it only looks like i wear a lot because i have super dry skin

Be yourself and none of the comments will bother you. Makeup is for aging women to look younger, so if you're only 12 and you're wearing lots of makeup, you'll look silly. But that doesn't mean makeup is bad! Just go easy on it. Natural is always beautiful. Instead of trying to change your hair, be confident in the hair you have. Got curls? Add some curl serum and rock them! Also, coloring you hair is damaging. I always felt like hair color should be left to people who are trying to cover grays. So people are calling you a ****? Regardless of what the rumors say, as long as you're keeping your legs closed (and let's be honest, you're 12, they really should be closed until you're older and in a loving relationship that your parents approve of) then you are not a ****. Rumors will come and go, but if they're true then they are not rumors. Be a good girl. Be nice to people. Only you know the truth and if what they are saying are lies, then you have no need to get upset by them.

• sophie5 years agoReport

Thank you for the helpful comment! I know i shouldn't let it bother me but its just this has been going on for the whole year and i feel like i have no real friends.. I feel stupid and worthless because people are very two faced to me. I don't wear very much make up though and its very natural.

Who cares?? Ya know, its not going to determine how good of a person you are. Or how you succeed in life. Just do your own thing for yourself. Only trust those who can be trusted. Otherwise say **** em, and turn your cheek. I've learned this the hard way. People are sick and nasty. Good luck.

• sophie5 years agoReport

I know. And i am a nice person i'm very good never done anything bad and i get good grades. But these girls are very mean

Yes, but just ignore them and you will be fine

• sophie5 years agoReport

Thanks, its hard though..