is it OK...?

I'm writing a book and I was wondering if its OK to put Disneyland as a setting or is copyrighted? Like is it alright or do I have to make up some crappy name like didney world?

Favorite Answer

Simply referencing a trademark or copyrighted work is not an infringement. "We swung by Disneyland on the way home from Tiajuana and stopped our Corvette in the local McDonalds to have some Cokes, like we say in American Graffiti." All perfectly legal.

It's not likely your book will be published so I would not worry about this right now. Write your book and worry about these things later. If by some crazy miracle your novel is picked up by an agent or publisher they can sort out these details.

• David

Disney will sue the pants off of you if you so much as mention mouse ears.

But like Whatever said. You won't publish so you're safe.

• Athena

You might get into some trouble as Disneyland guards its image very tightly.

However, legally, it is a "celebrity" and as long as you are not defaming them they do not have the same right to privacy that your or I do.

You can put Disney land.

HM IT COULD BE