Are Portals Always Evil?

Hi, I've read that portals are used by the occult to summon demons and stuff, but I'm wondering if that's the only type of portal that "exists". What I mean is, in movies and stuff, when they show "Dimensional portals" (for example, Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension, or the upcoming Lego Dimensions), they aren't seriously referring to the satanic stuff, are they? Aren't there fictional sci-fi portals, that have nothing to do with witchcraft and demons? A while ago, I was even working on a story that involved dimensional portals, but these had nothing to do with the occult (which would have been somewhat impossible, since I didn't even know portals were considered evil at the time).

One more thing: How about dimensions? Are dimensions considered "occult", too? So, just for example, if I make a story where a guy jumps into a hole and ends up in another "dimension" where he sees life 40 years into the future (again, just an example), would it be considered satanic?

Thanks.

And, just so you know, I'm a Christian, and I'm just worried that the movies and games and stuff that involve portals and dimensions would be sort of ruined for me, now that I know what they are; and also afraid that I won't be able to use "portals" and "dimensions" in my stories and stuff with out it being considered "satanic", or feeling that conviction. I don't know what to do, really. Thanks again.

I thank you all for giving sharing your opinions (except the blaspheme), but I'd like to clear something up. The only way to get to Heaven is if you've accepted Jesus as your Savior. Also, Satan and his followers have already been cast out of Heaven, but Satan still visits God in Heaven to accuse us of the wrong things we've done; as far as I know, Satan doesn't use any portal to get there. We must remember that this is the Spiritual Realm: things aren't technical there. Thanks again.

• susan
    Favorite Answer

Hi, I'm a Christian too, so I understand your preference not to play with something if it is evil. But portals and other dimensions in science fiction are not about the occult. They are, as you say, a way to reach another place.

To be honest, I'm not sure that portals exist for demons, etc, either. I don't know anything about that. I keep this simple rule- I do not speak to or seek to interact with any spirit other than God, because it seems to me to be forbidden. If you are not doing that, then it seems okay to me for you to read or write science fiction involving dimensions and portals.

• John

You are wrong to use the movies as a reference as thereis a thing called in my country "Poetical Licience" (Means they lie). Using string thoery it could be possible to use a wormhole that connects one side of the universe to the opposite travel taking less than a second. This could also be the means of travel for Demons and Angels using Stargates to travel to and from heaven. When Satan and the fallen angels are cast out of heaven the system will be blocked to them returning (Their wings will be clipped)

Source(s): Morgan Freeman