How to keep my dog from licking off other dog's fur?

My 1 1/2 year old Chihuahua like to lick her little sister's head, causing her to go bald in certain spots. How could we stop her from doing that, and will here little sister's fur ever grow back?

Aw, man. That's annoying, and a shame, I feel ya.

I would definitely try to separate the dogs for.. a period of time. Because I wouldn't want to put bitter apple or chili peppers on one of my dogs heads, you know? I think what would be central to this is separating the dogs, BUT still being able to be within sight of each other from time to time, but then again, you're going to have separation anxiety, which sucks :( But perhaps if you give the dogs PLENTY of other things to do, you could try to minimize separation anxiety symptoms until you feel comfortable trying to let them get back together again.

And I'm so sorry, Chihuahuas are just a very high-strung breed of dog, they're so close to their ancestral cousins that it's like having nervous little wolves, lol. But I love them just the same.

Separate them for a bit, with a kiddie fence in between, and just try to keep them occupied and/ or distracted as much as you can. In the meantime, I'm gonna sound cliche, but I think at least calling the vet would be a good idea. This is a long shot but I'm wondering if it's possible that the dog being licked has SOMETHING going on that you might not be aware of, but that the 'licking' dog is. I know it's PROBABLY "Chihuahuas being Chihuahuas" but I would check.

Also, I don't know for sure, but it IS possible that the vet might have some sort of device that would discourage one dog from licking the other. Which I hate to think about a dog running around with a lame little hat on, but again... it's probably preferable to what's going on right now.

Wow I'm sorry you hear of dogs licking THEMSELVES until they're injured, but you don't often hear about one licking the other bald! I really wish you best of luck there!

EDIT: ALSO, as for the hair loss.. I'm a conservative person with day-to-day issues.. if you can minimize the licking then I would do nothing to the area, as I'm confident that the hair would grow back. But again, it's at least worth a CALL to a vet who will listen to you for a couple minutes.

It's called training, try it and/or seek professional help for yourself on how to train a dog properly.

im no expert but u should give your dog a bath, but leave the shampoo on so when the other dogs goes to lick her he will get a funny taste in his mouth and eventually stop

• CDog

Make her stop her obsessive licking. Teach her "No licking." The fur should grow back if you keep the other dog from licking her.