How can people still be friends with months breaks?

I had a really close good friend and it's almost been a month since we last hungout. But I admit I've done some things I had apologized for because of my attachment, but I don't feel attached to her anymore and don't care for it.

I don't understand how "good" friends can stay friends with months of a break. I seriously feel like that her and I aren't friends right now because it's been too long. And I seriously don't want to, but I feel like if we don't hangout soon then I feel like I'll have to say Bye to her.

I know you're gonna tell me to let her know how I feel about it, but the thing is is that she still needs space after everything that's happened between us where she won't allow me to contact her. Because if I do, she'll go against me and contact my mom where she had already originally broke my trust from that.

So basically, how can friends go months without hanging out and with no contact??

I seriously don't want to lose her, but for some strange reason I feel like I have to say bye to her.

I do not try to become on reliant or dependent on others, but the things is that I don't have a lot of friends where the past few weeks have been really hard on me. And if I say Bye, I know she's Ok without me because she has other friends. and I'm not trying to sound jealous, but I'm kind of jealous because she has more friends than I do.

So please help and let me know what I can do to keep our friendship....?

@Mel Thanks, also sorry for the confusion, but I'm a girl, lol. But the thing with her is that she communicates through technology and I've already told her multiple times that I was uncomfortable with her for being straight-forward with me online. I'm the same way where I prefer face-to-face where if her and I happen to run into each other whether it's in public or not, I will confront her. I usually don't like confrontation, but I know that I have the strength to stick up for myself.

You need to stop worrying about all of this. Take a deep breath, maybe a day to calm yourself and gather your thoughts.

I have know people I haven't seen in months, years, and when I finally see them, everything comes back together. It works because of pure love for the other person, mutual interest in each other's lives.

However, the very best way to handle this is to close the gap. I know it's hard, trust me I know, to confront someone. But, it is the only way to truly get inside someones head. If you want an answer, go seek it. There's nothing you gain by waiting. Speaking from experience, it is a lot easier to get a better relationship with someone by just confronting them. The relationship grows stronger. There are so many instances I regret not asking them face to face.

Lastly, you don't have to say goodbye. Theres too much certainty in goodbye. It's closing a door. You don't have to close it, go with the flo and see what lies ahead. You don't need to say goodbye because that eliminates all possibility of ever speaking to them. Say, see you later. Not really, but just have the attitude of see you later. Look forward my son.

you literally explained one of my friendships!!! like honestly you spoke for me. I skyped my best friend and she said she feels too attached to me and has to stop being my friend. i honestly miss her like hell but she has blocked me and tells me i deserve a better friend... i dont know what to do.

True