Anonymous

Is the confederate flag racist?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A flag is not racist. The people waving it are.

• 6 years ago

As usual, Brad is full of ****. Black people fighting for the confederacy were DRAFTED into service by their masters and served mostly in positions of servitude. Such as manual labor(repairing roads and fortification) and accompanying their masters as servants. Free Blacks who were drafted served under White commanders and were not NOT issued weapons of any sort with which to fight. They never engaged in battle. Eventually some even switched sides and went to fight for the Union. It wasn’t until March of 1865 that the Confederate army allowed Blacks as soldiers, a decision that was made too late to help the Confederate cause.

• 6 years ago

The intent of this flag is very racist and classist...might as well fly the flag of Nazi Germany..and let's bring out the flag of Communist Vietnam and fly it b/c it certainly represents a tradition..one in which involved fighting against the US of A.

• NikS
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

not in my opinion, I don't think the southern battle flag is a symbol of hate, but a symbol of pride and tradition - Doesn't matter, the naacp wants to see the American flag banned too -

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • S
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

It is a part of history. Ugly American history but apart of it. I think it should remain as a reminder of the failure of the Ole South not rising again. Ever

• 6 years ago

There are a billion questions on here with the answer, why waste points to ask it when you could have simply used the search bar? -_-

• 6 years ago

Does this flag symbolize Aryan superiority, antisemitism and all other bull sh*t the Nazis believed in?

Attachment image
  • 6 years ago

No, it's not racist and anyone who says it is racist knows nothing about the flag.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

If It is I'm getting one.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

ThevKKK used to burn crosses in the yards of black people to terrorize them.

Is the cross racist?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.