Why is the Catholic Church still concerned with bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the people of the world (Catholic prespective)?

Why is the Catholic Church still concerned with bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the people of the world if other religions have truth in them?

I want Catholics to answer this please, it just allows me to understand the faith and ideology.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Truth subsists in the Church. We conserve the complete message of the Gospel and the followers of Jesus from the beginning.

People deserve the full truth. Part is OK, but more we are obligated to give witness to the gospel. Other religions are not diabolical mockeries of the Church of Christ, but incomplete understandings of the revelation from God of God's self to humanity.

• John S
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

This question has the aroma of 'homework' -- you sure I'm not doing someone's Religious Education homework for them????

But I'll bite - but only slightly.

Because, as we see in the Jewish texts - aka "The Old Testament" when the Israelites failed to teach their faith to their children - the faith was lost and their children adopted the beliefs of the Tribes and Nations around them.

So the FIRST reason is purely practical - perhaps even a bit selfish - We bring the gospel to ALL people - so we ALL believe -- so we don't lose our faith.

That's layer 1

Secondly..

If you know or had the TRUTH shared with you, and knew of someone who hadn't heard the "truth" yet -- wouldn't it make sense to simply share it with them?

As the popular catch-phrase goes: "Sharing is caring!"

From the Christian perspective - We aren't talking about mere opinions-- personal choice. We're talking about something that TRULY happened and affects our salvation.

I recall a video blog a few years back by very out spoken atheist Penn Gillete - and in this blog he admitted that he kinda got WHY Christians try to convert people. He basically said something to the effect of: (paraphrase) "I'm mean if you honestly thought that someone was going to Hell and you knew how to stop that.. What kind of ____hole would you have to be to keep your mouth shut and not share it?!!"

So we bring the gospel to all people because it is:

A) Good news

B) Effects everyone

C) Can save a life

D) Has to do with Eternity

How much of a JERK would we have to be to keep something that important to ourselves???

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

It is the job of all Christian churches to bring the Gospel of Christ to all people.

Also, all Christian churches have truth, but the Catholic church has the fullness of truth.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

this is the job of the church as instructed by jesus in matthew 28:19 , this is why he died for us , he paid the ransom

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Its called proselyting..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.