Is PayPal totaly secure?

Favorite Answer

Totally? No. It's the most secure service of its type, however.

They utilize their own fraud team and high tech data encryption.

"...PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even register or log in to the PayPal site, our server checks that you're using an approved browser - one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher.

Once your information reaches the PayPal site, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. PayPal servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the internet, so your private information is available only to authorized computers" -Paypal Website

There are significantly higher odds that something will happen on the end-user side than on Paypal's side. In other words, you're far more likely to have your financial information stolen from you by a virus than a security leak in Paypal's source code or a hacker.

I've been using Paypal for over 10 years and never had a problem. Well, I did have one big issue with them regarding a transfer from Japan. The bank in Japan tried repeatedly to contact someone who spoke Japanese at Paypal, but no luck. Oddly, Paypal was present in Japan but nobody could write or read Japanese at their U.S. headquarter address. That has all been remedied now. I hope.

Nothing is perfect. Then again, I've had no issues in a decade.

a