Plain-ish (female) names that aren't overused?

I'm really not looking for anything weird and out there, but would like to step outside of the Emily, Sarah range. Thanks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You could go plain Jane! Jane actually isn't that popular nowadays, so if the name is for a baby, she won't have a lot of other girls with the same name in her class.

Ava - another one that isn't really out there, but I don't know any Ava's, though you might.

Paige - sweet and simple, but I don't know any Paige's, either, but then again, that's just me.

Amelia - a little older, but still familiar, so it's not "out there".

Adelaide - again, older, but not completely unique and definitely not "new"

Clio - this was a muse in Greek mythology, and it's not as popular as Chloe, but similar enough not to sound "new"

Delilah - not super "plain", but it's sweet and will age well, if the name is for a baby

Eden - short and spunky but not unheard of...you could also go with cousin Edith

Evelyn - another older name, with a softer sound. Not mainstream but not alien, either

Holly - A bit more common than some other names, but not a staple in every classroom

Hailey - Again, a bit more common, but not up there with Sarah, Grace, Emily, etc. in popularity

Lily/Liliana - I don't have many encounters with these two names, though they're not far down on the charts

Luna - pretty and sweet, I don't know any Luna's but the name isn't unfamiliar

Lucy - older, again, and definitely not up there with the most popular names, but not so far down in popularity that people would have to process it :P

Morgan - I've known one Morgan, so it's a bit less common than the similar Megan, but with the same charm

Riley - this isn't a hugely popular name from my understanding, but it's getting closer to the top of the charts than other names on this list

Sadie - meaning "princess" in Hebrew, it's similar to popular Sarah, but not on the same level. Also, it sounds sweet and spunky at the same time!

Sage - I've only known one Sage, but it's not unheard of among popular names. It's a bit spunkier than sweet Paige, and has a nature feel to it.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Jenna

Nora

Adele

Daphne

Aimee

Mila

Lola

Anna

Willow

Brooke

Halle

Miranda

Natalie

Shannon

Summer

• Skylar
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

Jane

Jasmine

Phoebe

Taylor

Rachel

Kristy

Renee

Nicole

Kaitlyn

Lucy

• C.A.L
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

Sadie

Kenna

Gwen

Tessa

Alice

Marcy

Lainey

Aleah

Gemma

Josie

Syanne

Joyce

Lyra

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Molly

Taylynn

Kiara

Natalie

Marley

Layla

Summer

Olivia

Jessica

Jasmine

Amy

Lily

Holly

Ella

Sophie

Sophia

Kate

Caitlin

Tara

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Claire

Jean

Jane

Hazel

Mary

Marie

Bridget

Carol

Lynn

Evelyn

Renee

• 5 years ago

Erin

Riley

Kaylie

Brooke

Sienna

Ashlynn

Demi

• 4 years ago

Female Names With T

• 5 years ago

Kassandra or Kassidy! ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.