Does sanitizer kill insects/bugs?

I got a potted mint plant from a store, but I've noticed that there's little tiny crawly bugs in the soil. I'm not even sure what kind of bugs they are and I don't want them crawling around my room, but I want to keep the plant because it's a good touch to the room and it has a nice scent, I even heard that spiders and ants hate mint. So my idea was that I'd put the plant in a small bowl and an even bigger bowl around that one so that when I put the sanitizer it would not effect the plant in any way. But I need to know if sanitizer kills bugs? please help

Favorite Answer

It could kill your plant as well.

These small bugs are usually aphids or mites, and the best defense against them is an acaricide like liquid ladybug. It won't harm plants and even kills the eggs in the potting soil.

Check your local garden center, home improvement center, or nursery for such products.

http://www.liquidladybug.com/

(something like real spiders are your plants best friend, they eat mites and aphids.)

Source(s): Entomology

Spray them with insect pest spray & just some advice,your mint won't survive inside the house.It is an outdoor plant.Don't use sanitizer,it will kill the plant.

• frank

You will still get some chemicals in the soils. Better way is to take the mint out of the pot, and completely wash it roots and all so that there is no trace of dirt. Next throw away the dirt, and scrub the pot under hot water and soap. Meanwhile, soak the mint in cold water to which you will have added a teaspoon of liquid B1. Buy new sterile potting soil, and plant your mint again.

yes