What should I write for my job application?

So I am applying for a job, and one of the questions asks "May we contact your current employer?" I put no because I don t want my current employer to know that I am looking for another job, next to the no, there is a box asking for an explanation, but I am not sure if I should write that in the box. What do you think? What would you write if it was you?

Thank you sooo much

Favorite Answer

Be honest, just put that you have not yet informed your current employer that you are looking for a new career however you are able to give references on request. They don't normally ask for references unless your successful anyway

• Judy

"current employer not aware that I'm looking for another job"

you need to be 100% honest no matter what + if you check the "no" box, it's quite possible that you will not even be considered for the position..............a potential employer will think that you have something to hide if the "no" box is checked !!!

Just be direct ...some ppl still will respe t you for it..