Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

should labor unions be exterminated?

I think that the union filth should be exterminated from american society.

what do you guys think?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes,,,,,,public employee labor unions should be exterminated.

I can live with private sector unions, but the public sector unions and the democrat politicians they control are bankrupting this country.

There is no collective bargaining with public employee labor unions, only collective pandering, because the tax payer is not represented.

State and Federal project contracts can only be issued to union business, effectively locking out 94% of the bids.

Union money to democrat politicians will never stop, until we enforce "Separation of Union and State"

Mandating public employees to be union members and pay union dues, then the unions donating 90% to the democrat party, is the same as the state sponsoring a specific political party,,, which is clearly unconstitutional.

Liberals are always complaining about "Separation of Church and State", because they do not want the state sponsoring a specific religion. But those same liberals do not recognize the "Separation of Union and State".

I call it money laundering and democrat union greed.

Because we all know every voter living on government money votes for democrats, and big labor union gives big money to the democrat party.

Big Labor to Dems

http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/totals.php?c...

Top Campaign Contributors

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?order=A

Look at the Top Campaign Contributors link and you must scroll past 27 unions to number 48 before you see the Koch Brothers.

Unions Spend 4.4 BILLION on Democrat Politics.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/hot-dogs-sl...

Source(s): California Gov. Protects Union Only State Contracts http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2011/10... Federal Contracts to Union Shops Only http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/15/obama-administra...
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Labor unions were useful when enforcing fair labor and wages was very necessary. But, they got greedy, overstayed their welcome and drove business to get cheaper labor overseas.

Also, if a company needs a supplier they will most likely pick a non-union shop due to reliability. A union shop always has potential to go on strike and if you need your product, you are s*** out of luck. So essentially, being a union shop is bad for business because customers don't want to risk depending on you.

For government and public service jobs, you really need a union. I know lots of teachers and they would be screwed without it because school boards treat teachers like the scum of the earth (at least Brandywine school district in PA)

• 5 years ago

There was a time when unions were needed to raise the common out of poverty but unions now are getting so greedy they are destroying many businesses the same as they destroyed the auto industry. The good thing is they only comprise 11% of the working people now. They are killing themselves and now people are not forced to donate to them so the unions can't keep donating to politicians.

Public unions donate to politicians the turn and negotiate with those politicians for a raise then contribute more and it's a vicious cycle where the tax payer is caught in the middle.

• 5 years ago

Only when it comes to public, tax-payer funded jobs. These people (teachers, garbage collectors, police, etc.) have a monopoly. Taxpayers are forced to use this one particular service and have no choice in the matter, so the employees who live off of taxpayer dollars should not be allowed to unionize.

When it's a private company, let them destroy themselves making the union happy if they want. I can buy a car from a non-union shop and get twice the car for half the money. I have a choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Labor Unions serve no beneficial service to anyone anymore, except for the Democrat Party and the Long Shoremen are the Worst of the lot.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

The decline of the American middle class is directly related to the decline of labor unions. If you want to "exterminate" labor unions, you must necessarily want a society consisting of the very rich and the very poor.

• Hugo90
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Unions built the middle class. Without unions the 1% controls everything. 8 hour work day, 5 day work week, ending child labor, overtime pay, health insurance, unemployment insurance, all because of unions.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Every day on this site people post questions about whether something their employer did was legal and/or can they be fired. The truth is, an employer can fire an employee for any reason or no reason unless they're in a union. That's why workers should support unions.

• 5 years ago

I think it's nice that some of you market fundamentalist types are finally being honest about their attitude to freedom.

Of course you're all about complete and total domination by the powerful. Ayn Rand, after all, said that she profoundly despised Christianity and that Christianity was completely incompatible with her views.

You are totalitarian fascist sociopaths.

Good for you for coming out of the closet.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No. I actually support workers rights, not corporate interests.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.