What does my taste in music say about me?

Like:

Punk- Wire, The Ramones

Alt. Rock- The Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins, R.E.M, Early U2

Pop (Genre not specified)- Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, SOME Nickleback, Sam Smith, Linkin Park

Hard Rock- Aerosmith, Bon Jovi

Classic Rock- Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd

Bluesy/Psychedelic Rock- Janis Joplin (!!!), Some of Jimi Hendrix, Some of The Doors

Soft Rock- Carpenters, Bread, Supertramp

Christian/Gospel- Mark Schultz, Rich Mullins, 4 Him

Prog/Experimental rock- King Crimson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Some of Radiohead

Gothic Rock- The Cure (don't know too much about Siousxie and the Banshees)

Solo musicians- Stevie Nicks (!!!), Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Sarah Harmer, Some Rod Stewart, Beck (Morning Phase Album),

Soul- Whitney Houston

Celtic- Clannad, Irish Dance music

Rare, but Occasionally- Post Punk, Hair Metal, (Real) Emo

Don't Like:

Black Sabbath/ Ozzie Osborne, AC/DC, Motor head

Generally speaking- Metal, Industrial, Electric-centric music, acid rock, Punk, Noise, Rap, Hip-Hop, really heavy music

Hate- Auto Tune (as a practice, not always in effect), Lip-syncing (always and forever), really dirty/sexual/hateful/violent lyrics,

Other than that, I try to be open and appreciate music even if I don't love it personally.

I am 20 years old and male by the way (and pursuing a life as a musician).

Favorite Answer

That you have a wide variety of musical tastes that cover a range of categories and subcategories. And that you are not afraid to listen to stuff that other people may deem stupid and childish. You also seem to know exactly where you stand. It takes a certain person to do it, your range is impressive and I have personally covered a lot of songs by a lot of the bands you have listed. I also have seen a vast majority of them live. Music is about expression and you seem to have no qualms and expressing what you like.

I Don't really think people can say anything about you based on your taste in music. I believe People will like whatever they like regardless of who they are as a person (I might be wrong though). I Personally do like metal and I believe I'm a perfectly normal teenager.

P.S Three days grace is not pop (They were my favourite band)

• ?

Your music taste shows that you're knowledgeable about music, and it shows that you're open to more experimental and/or obscure forms of music, due to your interest in King Crimson & emo. The fact that you like Linkin Park, Three Days Grace and Nickelback also shows that you're not averse to mainstream music. Overall, your taste in music is fairly diverse, and it's clear that you've taken the time and effort to figure your musical likes and dislikes.

You like a wide variety of music. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

BTW - Three Days Grace, Nickleback and Linkin Park aren't pop. Pop is like Taylor Swift and stuff.

Also, Aerosmith and Bon Jovi aren't really "hard rock". They're more "classic".

it says to me that you like classics, esp. in the rock category. you're somewhat open to other genres, but typically you're a fan of rock music (that's fine, as everyone has their own tastes + prefs of genres~) understanding of what good music is (from many ppl's perspectives/opinions) + seem to know about music in general.

it says you like music, everyone has there own taste in music, there's so much to choose from, there's something for everyone, i personally think you have good taste and quite varied.

None of your "pop" artists are pop except Sam Smith. Which suggests that you don't really understand music genres.

Cynical, complex, pessimist, realist, introvert. Maybe even intelligent. I've noticed this among fellow punk and metal fans.

nice music

It shows that you listened to variety but also care too much about what other people think.