What did you think of the first episode of Attack On Titan?

What did you think of the first episode of Attack On Titan? And why?

I cried. Yeah, I know I sound like a wimp, but I mean, Jesus, wow.

This was my first gruesome anime and it shocked me. The part that made me cry was the end, when Eren's mom, Carla, was trapped underneath her house. It terrified me, and made me very sad. I imagined me in that situation, where Titans were attacking, and I had to rescue my mother. But what made me the most scared, was the Titan. It's horrible face. Those eyes, along with that mouth, it was horrifying.

On another note, that's NOT depressing, is that opening! I think it was the best anime openings I've ever listened to. It was so pumping, and I could feel the adrenaline rush inside me.

I'll admit, this was unlike any other anime I've seen. Although, I have seen other type of anime with gore and stuff. Ex, Elfen Lied, FullMetal Alchemist. But Attack On Titan was ALOT more scary than those.

This has to be one of my favourite anime at the moment:)

Well, I hope you enjoyed my long review and I wish to watch more of this anime!

What did you think of the first episode? *NO SPOILERS PLEASE, THANK YOU:)*

Favorite Answer

It was intense from the moment the titan appeared at the wall. My eyes were glued to the screen as I continued to watch the titans enter through the broken wall and start to devour the humans. When I watch anime, of course I would watch in silence and read the subtitles. But this sort of silence was different; it screamed amongst the screams of parents and children. I felt I was there in the moment - it felt real. Even though I was sitting in my room alone, I felt helpless. I've watched some other pretty gruesome anime, but this has hit me on a whole other level, most particularly because of the death scene of Eren's mum. The situation. The music. Hanne's painful decision. Eren's reaction. Yes, I too, cried.

The anime continues to be as intense as ever. You will enjoy watching it. Also, the opening is great - it is catchy and goes with everything!