Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

How can any society (nation) leave corruption and become 'righteous'?

Can it be done, 'politically', and if so, how?

• blu
    Favorite Answer

Corruption is inherent because politicians can be "coerced/bought" by the campaign donors.

I suggest they be required to wear pin logos that reflect where the biggest contributions come from so we are more easily able to recognize the potential. Plus, those donors can be required to pay for the advertising and that money can be used to reduce the deficit/debt.

Righteous? ... that word is relevant to who does the interpreting. One man's righteous is another man's immoral.

• ?

What does "righteous" mean anyway? There is better, there is worse. There is relatively more law-abiding and relatively less. But what is the magic level at which an entire society becomes "righteous"?

Anarchy

• Mark

Good people will have to come in and get rid of them.

A political example only is Rudy Giuliani cleaning up crime in NYC in the nineties.

Clean laws and publication of every politiicians bank accounts.

Being good or evil is found in your heart. I have a natural inclination to be very good but when I am bad I am very bad.

Voters cause the problem. They elect people to give them more than they pay in (if they pay in). Voters vote for people that do what they want and then admonish them when they do things for themselves.

Prayer is the answer.

No.