Jesus's teaching on peace, nonviolence and justice. Which is the best example of that being practiced..........?

(I)Martin Luther King Jr and the Civil Rights Movement

-Using Non-violence resistance and Jesus's ethic of turning the other cheek(Matthew 5:38) as a way to bring racial segregation down

(II)Gandhi's Independence Movement from the British

-Gandhi adopting the philosophy of nonviolence from Leo Tolstoy(Christian pacifist) and then putting them in practice in his Independence Campaign

(III)Archbishop Desmond Tutu and South Africa

-He and Nelson Mandela applying Jesus's teaching on forgiveness(Matthew 18:21-35) to bring truth and reconciliation after decades of Apartheid in South Africa

(IV)Liberation Theology in Latin America

-Priests and Bishops like Oscar Romero and Gustavo Gutierrez applying Jesus's teachings on the poor(Luke 4:18) to push for economic justice in Latin America. Resulting in major social changes for human rights in places like Brazil(1988) and Chile(1988)

(V)Catholic Church and East Timor

-The role of Cardinal Ximenes Filipe Belo in bring and end to Indonesia's genocidal occupation which killed up to 200,000 people

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Naguru
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Best Answer

The main thing is if you become perfect in one area, it becomes very easy for you to become perfect in other areas also. First try to become perfect in one area. Practice. Practice only makes you perfect.

You can then apply the same rules and regulations and systems and procedures for other areas also.

Source(s): own
    • DP.
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

Typical eastern philosophy with little earthly reality!

• 4 years ago

Well, of those choices, I certainly wouldn't go with Ghandi. On the surface Ghandi seemed like a holy, peaceful man, but he was also an elitist, which Jesus wasn't. Among other things, Ghandi suggested the Jews should have just submitted themselves to Hitler instead of resisting him in the holocaust.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/ind...

• DP.
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

Hmmm as the question is aimed at Christians who if they are true Christians know we are instructed not to judge, I'll say I cannot say!

• l
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Jesus's teaching on peace, nonviolence and justice:

"For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: 'Honor your father and mother,' and 'Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be PUT TO DEATH.'" - Jesus Christ, Mark 7:10.

"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be BEATEN with many stripes." - Jesus Christ, Luke 12:46-48.

"If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Jesus Christ, Luke 14:26

"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables." - John 2:15

Thumbs down! Some people just don't like the teachings of Jesus Christ.

• l
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

You can't even see the immoral sayings of Jesus, Susie. Unbelievable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Perhaps because he was a weak guy.

• 4 years ago

Jesus **** Christ

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.