michinoku2001 asked in SportsHockey · 4 years ago

Does the World Cup mean the end of NHL players in the Olympics?

Best Answer

The IOC not wanting to share the wealth with the NHL and NHLPA is the end of the NHL in the Olympics. I have a friend (Korean) whose nephew played Junior B hockey. The boy has been told he is on the Korean Olympic hockey team. That means the end of NHL involvement.

• Deano

Yes, I think it does. The NHL is no different than any other business obsessed with money. The fact they have to shut down their season for roughly a month, squeeze the full season in on the Olympic years, and take far less money for their players services from the fully corrupt Olympic committee tells everyone why they want to stop. The World Cup is to be held before the season and will be totally under NHL control. The other corrupt organization, the IIHF, wants to bleed out as much as it can get from the World Cup. Since the IIHF doesn't have much standing in North America, the NHL is holding this tourney here. It's all about money!

I really hope it isn't. The Olympics don't deserve a pointless hockey tournament like it happens in association football.