Will I get in trouble for accessing the deep web?

I saw these videos of websites on the deep web and just want to explore some other things. I do not want to do anything illegal though. Will I get in trouble for visiting these websites? What if find child porn by accident?

Favorite Answer

No, accessing the 'deep web' is not illegal, and it is highly unlikely you will get in trouble for doing anything on it, regardless of whether or not what you're doing is illegal.

At any rate, your service provider will probably warn you beforehand to tell you to stop, if they find you're doing something you shouldn't (if they find out, and they probably won't).

I wouldn't worry about it.

The deep web was once a private project (classified) by the US Navy ( I think). It's encryption process is so secure nobody will be able to find you . This is why people sell drugs and post inappropriate content. To access you need to download a TOR browser. I wouldn't do this though, if you want to be safe just find a VPN server or something.

• expletive_xom
      4 years agoReport

the TED Talks youtube link is a great video...so i give this TU#1