Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 5 years ago

High school co-op placements involving psychology/mental health?

Hi I'm currently a senior in high school and taking a co-op class. I'm looking for placements that could give me a sense of the psychology/sociology field preferably involving youth. I have asked my teacher, except he said it might be difficult for me to find a place. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

It would be difficult getting a placement, because you're asking for a job dealing with a vulnerable population, and you're too young, and you haven't passed a background check, etc. You can, of course, contact agencies and etc. about this and ask about a placement, but at the same time, you may also want to find a placement or do volunteer work in a place that deals with kids, and which only peripherally deals with psych - such as working the youth programs at the Y or the Boys & Girls Club.