Who is god and why? What do you think?

I know god is someone others turn to when they want to feel like there's something higher to help them but I just don't understand.. when did people decide this was real and everyone should believe? Religion is as much an illusion as time we made it up to make further points, so when did we decide he's there and why to believe it? The only evidence is the bible but nobody has proof but everybody does at the same time, and if there's other worlds out there and we are gods greatest creation as the bible probably states, There are Higher forms of intelligence out there most likely but Christians refuse to believe it for a guy watching over us. when was god thought as a higher figure? Who's to say he's better than us? And for a guy who makes no mistakes, all humanity is a screwed up ball of "Sins". You can have faith in anything you want just like every other religion I'm not telling anyone to stop doing what makes them feel better about anything. I just want to now what everyone thinks and why? so what do you think?

Favorite Answer

“God is not a being or an entity. God is the great positive force, the collective positive force of all that is. To call god an entity and especially to personify god is to limit the concept.” God is the Universal Consciousness, the Intelligent Infinity, the One Source, the Prime Creator. EVERYTHING IS GOD. God is All There Is. We are all part of god. All the universes combined are part of god.

“We souls are a single unit of consciousness that stems from the Creator’s consciousness. This is known as “Infinite Consciousness.” All units of consciousness are interconnected to all other types of consciousness. Everything that exists is called the “Creator” (also known as the Source). Infinite Consciousness is the universal energy that exists everywhere or “All that is.”

Each one of us was given a divine mission – go away and explore ourselves. LEARN, GROW, AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN CREATED and eventually rejoin the Creator after having learnt everything that is infinitely possible to experience and having acquired the highest understanding of creation itself or “all that is.” Your path of evolution is unique to you, but you are not separate from other souls, rather your individuality is your unique story and journey to understand creation.

Your mission is achieved by ascending your individual consciousness through each of the dimensions within the universe. To begin your mission, you had to experience a variety of intense “third density” (i.e. the physical universe) lessons on earth, including selfishness, pain, poverty, love, anger, etc. Earth is a planet to begin evolving your consciousness at the infant level, until you consciously realize this illusion and choose to stop experiencing these dense lessons and decide to continue your spiritual growth beyond this dimension.”

http://ascension2012.in/downloads/Ascension-Study-...

• Tigger

My concluding God made more sense had more to do with science and logic than anything else. The Bible played no role whatsoever in reaching that conclusion and I don't assert the Bible is evidence for God' existence. My acceptance of the Bible is based on it being more consistent with reality than the other 'holy texts" I have examined and the fact that a compelling circumstantial case can be made for the resurrection of Jesus the Christ. In effect I accept God for scientific reasons (Creation necessarily infers a creator). I accept the Bible for historical reasons that are independent of the reasons I accept God. The only relationship that could be said to exist between the two is there would have been no reason for my to look at the Bible had I not already concluded God made more sense than No-God.

You think aliens are a given and ignore the evidence of millions of people throughout time being drastically affected by God's Holy Spirit and His Word? God has warned of an enemy in this world that seeks to try to thwart God's will. Has it ever occurred to you that your understanding of God's Word is flawed? What you think God said or what you've been told God said versus what God actually said? How can you judge accurately if you haven't read or studied His Word for yourself?

God is Love and His highest act of love to us was to be born as a babe through woman into the tribes of Judah - the promised king line and Levi - the priest/lord line, as Jesus Christ, King of kings and Lord of lords. He did not use His power to stop the actions of those who wanted Him judiciously murdered on the testimony of false witnesses. Instead, He laid down His flesh life in fulfillment of Scriptures in order to fulfill all legal requirements to His position as High Priest. God did not order the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, but God accurately predicted it in Genesis 3:15 KJV based on satan's actions in the first age. God turned the evil done to Him into a greater good. Now that Jesus Christ is rightful Judge of souls, there will be no problem letting those souls who enjoy wickedness such as murdering an innocent Man to go into the lake of fire because they did it to Him when they had no cause. God is a fair Judge.

I think the Bible says what needs to be said, but I also like science. Like "Conservation of Information" and other parts of Quantum Mechanics that deal with information. You will see how information plays a role in the very foundation of the Universe and is omnipresent. It is not a giant leap from information to intelligence.

God is an imaginarty eternal parent/dictator invented to make people feel safe.

The God Yahweh is our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution.

• Den B7

Why do you waste your time asking a question when you have already decided that your opinion is the only answer. You believe that it is all an illusion, then why ask what it is?

• MOMMAH

ELOHIM