How can I get over a cold?

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but I haven't hardly been sick since I was a kid. I've been sick for the past week. It's not been anything seriou, just a sore throat and now congestion when I get up in the morning. I'm not one to take antibiotics whenever they feel a little I'll, but tomorrow's Monday and I have work. I don't feel like feeling like crap the rest of the week. What are some things I can do to speed up my recovery besides antibiotics?

Honey and lemon for sore or dry throat. Rest, rest, REST!!! Take a hot shower to moisten stuffy nose. Drink and eat hot soup such as chicken broth/stock/soup. Go see a doctor if it's worst or not healing better. Feel better soon!

Sorry, there's really no drug for colds... but over the counter cold/ flu meds work (dayquil) ibuprofen and for your throat try tea with honey and lemon.