How can anyone possibly see feminism as a movement to achieve equality between men and women?

When feminist organizations and individuals actively work to ensure that the hard fought rights their older feminist sisters won apply to women, and women only? Its important to separate modern feminists from their historical counterparts. The first two waves fought to achieve equality. The current one fights for female privilege only and to maintain inequalities

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"How can anyone possibly see feminism as a movement to achieve equality between men and women?"

I suppose if one is indoctrinated into the feminist ideology, then anything is possible. Including the idea that this gender divisive group; with it's undeniable track record of bigotry and sexism against men, is about gender equality.

ONLY the original Women's Rights Activists had a legitimate claim when they began agitating for equal legal Rights. At that time, only men had legal Responsibilities, and thus with those came legal Rights. Women's groups saw the Rights and demanded those without any reference to the Responsibilities. In any case, that's the way it went down, and women ended up with equal Rights.

But the modern feminists were all about social engineering. NOT about maintaining equal Rights an Opportunities. They DEMANDED equal outcomes! With simplistic ideas that since women make up half the population that they should automatically hold half of all the power. And they should get it WITHOUT having to compete for it like all those that already did and made it to the top. In fact, they did not even have to compete against all the men that lost to the winner, any one whom may have beat her out. This is unheard of in a race to leadership and prominence. Thus it is a completely fabricated and socially engineered "victory".

Based on this alone, we can see that feminism is NOT a movement to achieve equality between the genders. It CLAIMS to be so only by using faulty group dynamics and DEMANDING that the outcome be fixed at 50/50 for the genders. But ONLY the men should compete against each other for the top spots, while women should just be given the position, without ever having to compete, in the name of "equality". Most people see through this perversion of the term "equality".

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

1. Some people are simply indoctrinated into believing feminism is about equality and simply don't care to invest the time and energy into learning the facts about what feminism has actually been promoting.

2. Some people don't want to admit the facts. Feminists want to believe feminism is about equality even though deep down they know it isn't. Politicians pander to feminist issues to win the women's vote. They have an incentive to pretend it's about equality. College campuses don't want to admit they promote a biased, unequal agenda, so they convince themselves it's about equality. Actors and actresses know feminists will crucify them if they come out as anti-feminst, so they convince themselves feminism is equal.

The actions of feminism over the past few decades make it crystal clear to anyone who is objective that feminism is not about equality but sadly, beliefs are not just formed by evidence.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

There are millions of feminists world wide and I suspect most are not even associated with an organization. Most are feminists because of a belief in a PHILOSOPHY that women should have fairness and not be discriminated against in society. They are part of the tradition of feminism which helped women get the rights they have today.

I think modern feminists have had bad press by men who want to keep the privileges and power to themselves but that does not mean most feminists are not for equality - they are. These feminist haters usually don't know anything about feminism - know nothing about the theory behind it at all. All they know is hate propaganda they read on sites that are hugely biased against women and certainly in Gender Studies these feminist haters dismiss everything feminists say as lies with no real thought or ethical consideration. It's like they do not want women to have a voice here at all - many have blocked me and other feminists yet they say we believe in censorship when they are the ones doing the censoring of women's views. Believing the crap that women-hating trolls spread on the internet is part of the problem for sure.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

When I see feminists do ANYTHING that helps men more than it helps women, I might revisit the idea that feminists have something to do with equality.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Name one right that applies to women only.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

where is your proof that feminists are trying to give rights to only women. thats absurd.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.