How can we find TRUE happiness according to the Bible?

Favorite Answer

Great question! Its always a good idea to look to the Bible for answers to life's questions! Consider this for a moment.

All the happinesses promised in the Bible are contingent upon a right relationship with God; all of them are realized on the basis of love of God and faithful service to him. True happiness cannot be achieved apart from obedience to Jehovah. His blessing is essential for happiness, as one of his ‘good gifts’ and ‘perfect presents.’

Happiness does not find its source in amassing material wealth or power. Jesus said: “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” (Ac 20:35) The one who gives consideration to the lowly one, thereby enjoying the happiness of giving, is promised: “Jehovah himself will guard him and preserve him alive. He will be pronounced happy in the earth.” (Ps 41:1, 2) The things that contribute to true happiness are knowledge of Jehovah, wisdom from him, and even his correction and discipline. (Pr 2:6; 3:13, 18; Ps 94:12) The truly happy person trusts in Jehovah (Pr 16:20), delights in and walks in His law (Ps 1:1, 2; 112:1), observes justice (Ps 106:3), and fears God (Ps 128:1). These are the only way to find true happiness in our day!

I hope this helps answer your question!

Take care!:)

The Bible doesn't promote true happiness as you might understand it.

It says God is with us always, he gives us strength, courage and guidance and he invites us into a personal relationship with him.

With faith in his promises and with prayer we can grow into the person he wants us to be.

Life is hard and not fair. We learn to be better people and rely on his grace.

True happiness is having peace of mind. Having a perfect spouse and family, a giant house, a fabulous job and a power boat is not what scripture tells us.

• I don't view happiness as my primary goal. First off, I would prefer joy to happiness any day. Reaching spiritual maturity and the knowledge of God would also rank much higher on my priority list than being happy.

• Al

We can find TRUE happiness according to the Bible by hating our family:

If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. - Jesus Christ, Luke 14:26

I'm not sure we will fine TRUE happiness in this life but we work towards the ultimate as we live a life in Christ. We begin by loosing our self, our humility overtakes our pride and needs.

According to the insane bible, happiness can be found by smashing your babies against rocks.

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks! -- Psalm 137:9

By reading it