Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 years ago

Vegetables and fish that doesn't taste bad?

I'm 17 and I've been eating meat for the most part of my life. I want to start eating healthier, so I want to know which vegetables have that not so "eww" taste. I don't eat that much fish either cause it some of what I've tasted has that funny aftertaste (salmon tasted funny to me)

• Favorite Answer

salmon shouldn't taste 'funny' unless it's not fresh. Most fish doesn't have a fishy taste unless it's old. Some species are fisher than others. But fresh fish will not taste funny. I guarantee it. I have been buying fish and seafood fresh from the dock/boats, and catching my own (crab traps down in the morning, fresh crab for dinner, and scraping mussels off the rocks hours before eating them) for years, and well, if these things taste funny to you it is A) because you're not getting your fish from a reputable source or the freshest source, or B) you are not accustomed to the taste yet because as you said you don't eat much. This is not a bad thing, but it just means you have to give it time, and not toss out the idea just because your taste buds aren't adjusted yet. The fish isn't at fault, your taste buds aren't ready. And taste buds change all the time so just because you like something now doesn't mean you will in 10 years. You also open your mind/taste buds by actually trying new things every day. Vegetables included. You have to go out and try these things and some you will learn to like and some you will like on the spot, and some you might not so much. No law saying you have to. But vegetables are not 'eww'- your taste buds are the ones at 'fault' - start adding different vegetables to your meals. And don't drown them in cheese sauce or chili sauce or soy sauce or salt or ketchup or whatever, because then you're not really tasting them.

I'm not going to list vegetables that are not so 'eww' because that's an hour of my time I will not spend on one question. Head to the produce section of the store, and start shopping. Simple.

• L

...well, what you're going to have to do is figure out how to cook vegetables. Some vegetables might taste good to you one way, but terrible another. I love roasted brussel sprouts, for instance, but despise them steamed.

You're just gonna have to cook vegetables a variety of different ways until you find what you like. If you're trying to ease into it, try candied carrots. It's basically shredded carrot steamed and then mixed with butter and brown sugar to taste. Sure, it's not the healthiest way to eat carrots, but even 3-year-olds gulp that side dish down.

You don’t need to exercise for hours on end. Short, sharp sets of exercise will produce better results should you work hard. Get a passing up rope, skip for two min's, do push ups for about a minute, skip for two minutes, rest for one minute. Then change the push up to something else like sit ups along with do the set again. Repeat it five times and it’s an instant, effective workout that will improve results than a long manage or swim.

You don’t need to exercise for hours on end. Short, sharp sets of exercise will produce better results when you work hard. Get a missing rope, skip for two units, do push ups for one minute, skip for two minutes, rest for just one minute. Then change the push as much as something else like sit ups and do the set again. Repeat it five times and it’s a fast, effective workout that will recover results than a long operate or swim.

Music makes you eat more. According to a study by the journal Psychology and also Marketing, soft, classical tunes encourage someone to take time over your dinner, so you consume more meals. So, switch off – silence can make you more aware of what you’re setting up your mouth.

• ?

Set performance-based goals. Always set yourself incrementally larger goals each week to be certain you’re engaged and have something to strive for. Each little achievement is also an incentive that you’re going in the best direction. From doing 10 more squats to mastering a new yoga pose, whatever floats your own boat.

Maintain it natural. Avoiding processed foods will keep your digestion working efficiently together with minimise your salt intake.

Preserve it natural. Avoiding processed foods will maintain digestion working efficiently and also minimise your salt intake.

keep trying different vegetables very lightly steamed so the flavor is preserved well. i suggest you try asparagus, mangetout, fine green beans and spinach as well as celeriac, chicory and brussel sprouts.

Don’t count calories after you consume. Check the calories before you dive in and you could find it puts you off that extra chocolate chip biscuit.