What kind of bands did the Beatles influence?

I know people here have said they weren't really much influential Guitar-wise, which I disagree because I think George's lead playing was very blues based rock along with Paul. John not so much but he was great in his own way. Had his own Rhythm playing.

I know Slash, EVH, Angus Young, Billie Joe Armstrong, Joe Satriani have mentioned them as listening to them when they were kids.

Hendrix learnt Sgt. Pepper 2 days after it came out said Paul McCartney, so I think Hendrix was influenced by their music because that album was full of innovations which I'm sure Hendrix used.

And wasn't Eric Clapton influenced by George somehow?

But do players such as Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Yngwie Malmsteen, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Joe Perry, Brian May, Ace Frehley, Randy Rhoads, Ronnie Van Zant, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, etccc....

were they influenced as well? I also think Helter Skelter paved its way for Metal. I mean it came around the time Sabbath and Zeppelin were just starting to form....

4 Answers

Relevance
  • H2SO4
    Lv 6
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Almost every single existing band after them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Almost everyone. Just to give you an idea of how much they influenced, I read somewhere that Tom Araya from Slayer grew up listening to and playing Beatles tracks.

• 4 years ago

Oasis

• 4 years ago

Pretty much every band today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.