stella asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

Is the ragdoll cat right for me?

I want a large cat that is friendly and cuddly, but can be playful.

• Gary B

The BEST cat for this is called the North American Tabby -- a plain old barn cat.

Purebreds like the Ragdoll often suffer from medical problems, especially blindness and cancer.

You can pick no better cat then the ragdoll for those criteria. Not all ragdolls are alike, but in general the breed is known for it's sweet, cuddly squeezable disposition. If you incite them to play, they absolutely will, but they calm down when it is needed. Watch some videos of Ragdoll cats, and I think you will find that they are an incredibly sweet breed.

Good luck to you!

Source(s): Years of ragdoll ownership

Why don't you just visit your local humane society and adopt a long haired cat. Purebreds generally start at 600 dollars! I highly doubt your wanting to put that kind of money out for a cat when adopting would be a better route since you'll be paying less than a breeders cost.

• Kara

Yes, it should be perfect for you.