Christians believe give and you will be rewarded ... following that belief ,would giving be considered a selfish act?

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

TV Evangelists have made that popular. They are actors wanting to earn money. So they say send me money and God will make you rich. However, they are all super rich so why would God reward you for sending money to rich people? Give to the community food bank or help a poor family or one lady took a senior citizens cat to the veteranian to be fixed so she could keep it without the worry of it getting pregnant. These are all good works but sending money to a TV Evangelist hoping God will make you rich is selfish.

So you're saying it would be less selfish, or at least less self-serving, to hoard our resources?

I think we're being set up for a lose-lose scenario here.

Nope I don't see how that is a selfish act?

No.

Old Russian Saying: "I don't give because I have plenty; I give because I know how it feels to have nothing."

Yes it would.